Young, Active, Creative NGO
Our idea is to work on a training program for young women mostly from marginalized groups – girls of Roma origin, those who are living in low-populated villages, endangered with early school exclusion, economically dependent on their families, women without any professional skills and orientation. The aim of this project is to contribute to the increase of employment chances and the economic independence of these young women. We will encourage them to be more confident in their personal skills.
Small villages form Plovdiv region, Bulgaria
The young women especially from marginalized groups, living in villages are strongly disadvantaged. The majority of them go on the labor market without any professional orientation, without owning the necessary skills, which are highly appreciated by the employers nowadays. The knowledge of where and how to look for a job and how to present themselves in front of the employers. Likewise, how to behave on a job interview, in order to be successful. Unfortunately, native formal education does not give the opportunity to gain the required skills. Another problem, which makes a bad impression to the employers, while reading CV or motivation letter is the low literacy of people who are now finishing their secondary education.
By our project, we will pass practical knowledge and abilities to young women and girls, which will help them for job application.During the whole project, we will pay attention and emphasize on themes, such as: the principles of equality, equal payment, women’s rights, fighting gender discrimination and active citizenship. We will embolden trained girls to think about themselves,as independent human beings, who deserve respect. Not only as housekeeper, cleaner, mother that is charged to care for the home and children. Enabling these women to work,earn and to be financially stable and independent will take them out of the position of subordinate.The training in direct democracy will give them the opportunity to understand the forms and ways for civil participation in solving local problem.
The target group of this project will be young women between 16 and 30 years old, who are about to enter the labor market or that are actively looking for a job right now. Priority will be given to those, who are under 18 years old and who are at risk to be expelled from school. Girls, who are ethnically, socially, economically and geographically disadvantaged. They will go through four modular education and they will receive nationally recognized document, which is proving the gained skills and competences after every training.
The training program will include some directions:
- Professional orientation and gaining skills in the chosen profession;
- Increasing their knowledge on job application process – preparation of CV, motivation letter, job interview behavior, meeting with local employers;
- Entrepreneurship and starting own business – basics of economy, marketing, leadership skill, business plan development;
- Civil education, direct democracy and the opportunities by which they can solve their problems from a local character. Also, leadership skills and gender equality.
Going through this program, these girls will gain many professional abilities, knowledge and competences which are indispensable for their future and decent life. They will meet the democracy values and principles.
- Increased knowledge, skills and competences of the trained young women in the preparation of CV, motivation letter, job interview appearance and entrepreneurship;
- Encouraged girls to be economically independent by employment and entrepreneurship;
- Young women fighting for fare, equal and decent payment;
- Active participation in initiatives on the theme;
- Identified local gender problems and their solvation using communication with the local institutes;
- Increased knowledge on the theme of indirect beneficiaries by media coverage of project’s activities.
Although, a lot of efforts in local, national and European level are put in the solution of the problem with gender inequality during the last few years, we are still observers of many inequalities, specifically in spheres, such as labor market, economic independence, payment, equality in working positions, fighting with violence, based on the sex and the gender equality as a whole. By these planned activities and trainings of young women, we aim not only to give them the chance to gain the knowledge and competences needed, but also to raise their personal self-esteem, to encourage them to fight for their rights and to promote gender equality as an inalienable value of democratic societies.
Our contemporary society needs new type of leaders, who know how to keep the balance between their personal needs and desires and their professional achievements by using well-supported and conscious choices. Women deserve to move equally with men, without feeling any discrimination and humiliation.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Trainings - 30000
Administrative work and materials - 10000
Travel costs - 3000
Website - 1000
Public relations -1000
Personal costs - 5000
Looking forward to receiving feedback from you.