Small musician is a musical methodological project that focuses on the musical development of children from the age ten months to four years. But it's not just about music - music has a major impact on the development of a child's social and emotional skills. Therefore, a new idea comes to bring this project to infant institutions and to find out how music can change injuries caused by a broken basic emotional bond between mother and child.
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
The Czech Republic is the last country in the European Union where infant institutions still operate. In the Czech Republic, around 900 children are now in the care of these institutions, which are officially to take care of children under the age of three. The main problem is the alternating care for children, does not allow the establishment of strong relationships between the child and the caregiver. At the same time, we know from psychology that the basic disruption of the emotional bond between the child and the caregiver disrupts the motivational, emotional, and memory processes of the child and fundamentally affects his further development and the establishment of relationships.
We believe that music can at least partially cure emotional disorders. It can contribute to the development of the child's social and emotional skills. Among other things, it also has a fundamental influence on the development of speech, motor skills, etc. By treating the disruption of the basic emotional bond, we contribute to building healthy individuals. By strengthening the weak links of society, the whole of democracy can grow.
The music program Musician still works in the South Moravian Region as a methodical educational program for young children and has very good results. However, we come up with the idea of shifting its impact more towards deprived young children and try to see if methodologies and a well-built program can help them develop better. We want to work with our program with children in infant institutions, we also want to build a research team that would determine the real impact of this program and evaluate changes in behavior in young children.
1. Regular lessons of the music program of musicians in infant institutions
2. Assembling a research team
3. Verification of the impact of the project
4. Setting the music program according to the specific needs of the target group
1. We will establish cooperation with all four infant institutions in the South Moravian Region and we will regularly run lessons of the musician's music program there.
2. The research team will develop a tool to monitor the impact and changes in the behavior of children who go through this program.
3. An overall evaluation of the project will be created.
4. After a year, we will look for further funding and projects with concrete results to support and disseminate the project throughout the Czech Republic.
The aim of the project is to help heal the disruption of emotional attachment. The individual who will be healed at his core is a healthy link in society and democracy. We do not want to create democracy and society from outside, but directly from within, by healing their individuals.
We are aware of the importance of maternal bonding for the further development and evolution of life. And also how easy it is to nurture a lost existence "only" by not supplying the basic need for maternal feeling. Music, on the other hand, is what fills us, what changes, and educates a person. We believe that connecting the ideal world of beauty and the wounded world of children without parents can bear fruit.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
1. Salaries (staff, consultancy assistance - lectures, project manager, consultants) 45 219 EUR
2. Other costs (travel costs, teaching aids) 3100 EUR
We will be happy for any ideas, suggestions, and cooperation with experts or enthusiasts for our topic.