Social deprivation and stigma, isolation, restricted life prospectives. migration towards the big cities- these are just a fraction of the issues that children with developmental disabilities face in distant minucipalities in Bulgaria.
We will work with these children and their families, teachers and community to retain them at school, support their social inclusion and development .
Municipalities of Kovachevtsi, Breznik, Zemen and Trun, soutwest Bulgaria.
Social deprivation, stigmatization, isolation, restricted life prospectives, migration towards the big cities- these are just a fraction of the issues that children with various developmental disabilities and their families face in the small and distant minucipalities in Bulgaria, where no proper care and treatment are addressing their needs.
Community and social workers as well as teachers have no necessary skills and knowledge to support these kids and guide them through the education and socialisation processes to take place.
Children and families are often stigmatised and ignored.
Our project will aim to incLignten the situation and introduce meaningful change- ease the inclusion process and enlighten the community, thus turning it to a more tolerantt and accepting society.
Target Group 1- 100 chidren and adolescents aged 3 to 15 years with develomental , educational, behavioral problems – SLI, developmental dysphasia, stuttering, Autism Spectrum Disorders , ADHD /Hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Disorder, dyslexia etc/ , incl migrants and minority members.
Target Group 2- 120 parents . They will be instructed and informed how to support their children and build on the process at home and supplied with Indirect Intervention materials and access to website.
Target Group 3- approx 120 teachers from the schools of all four municipalitiesq social and community workers
Target Group 4- the community – all our programs will be cariied out through the help of the local 60 Community Centres for the local communities in series of monthly events.
1. In the project's premises in Kovachevtsi children form the 4 municipalities will be observed , therapeutic plans drafted and sessions carried out on a bi-weekly basis with children as well as parents.
2. Indirect intervention materials for parents will be available on an online platform so they can work with kids at home every day= bI- weekly our professionals will be available for online consultations via our platform/website
3. Through the support of the community centres there will be thematic free-access movie projection followed by seminar talks and discussion for community members- monthly on locations
4. All teachers and social workers will attend a forum twice for the year where prominent lecturers will deliver seminar lectures & discussion on the topic
1.Better integrated and developing children, at local schools
2. More confident ,calmer and empowered parents
3. More effective schoolworkers- teachers/ social
4. More tolerant and understanding society members
One of the main reasons for the migration of young families with children with developmental dificulties towards the cities is the inability of local institutions to provide adequate inclusion measures in order for their children to be given opportunities for development and growth and their specific needs to be met.
Our objective is to work not only therapeutically, but also on the information and educational components for the community members so they display adequate support und understanding and toghether work towards the accepratnce and inclusion of these now marginalised children in the society, and finally retain them in local schools.
We as organisation firmly believe that every child in the world should be given equal opportunities. Enhansing one's potentional and supporting their social inclusion is an important part of it, and we feel that as professionals we could contribute with our knowledge and experience to bring this idea to life, even in the most remote destinations.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Project management expense 8000 Euro
Transportation 5000 Euro
Renovation/Furniture of Premises 4000Euro
2 Forums for teachers/12 community meetings 5000 Euro
Website & Platform creation and support 7000 Euro
Indirect Intervention Materials 10 000 Euro
Professional fees 18 000 Euro
We are open to suggestions how to better and more efectively carry out the project and support the idea behind!