Marin Liviana Mateea
Anton Pann Theatre
Partida Romilor Pro-Europa Valcea
"EduCenter Creţeni - bridges not walls" aims to implement a series of measures and actions, in partnership with the local public authorities and other public institutions and NGOs, which will contribute to the integration of the Roma young people, and not only, in the society's activities by supporting entrepreneurship and vocational courses, European project management and writing courses, courses for skills development and entrepreneurship in the agricultural sector.
Creteni Comune, Valcea County
We aim to reconfigure the paradigm of Roma inclusion and to establish a cultural center that respects and recognizes the core values of the European Union, including human rights and human dignity, non-discrimination and equal opportunities.
The center will explicitly target children from the Roma community in the commune of Creteni, but not exclusively, being open to other members of the local community, promoting mutual understanding and combating prejudice on both sides.
• Roma people and families (especially young people) in situations of vulnerability, risk or facing various forms of socio-economic exclusion and low access to culture who will actively participate in all project activities.
• Roma people (young people ), especially Roma girls and young people with low levels of awareness of their rights and participation in community life, who will participate in empowerment activities.
• Members of the community belonging to the majority population(especially young people), who live in Creteni and live in socio-economic conditions similar to the Roma people, who will actively participate in all project activities.
1. PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATION - Oct 2021-Nov 2022
2. SPACE ARRANGEMENT- Oct-Nov 2021
3. CHRISTMAS CAMPAIGN – 1 - 24 Dec 2021
4. EDUCENTER OPENING - 25 Dec 2021
5. SUPPORTING VOCATIONAL WORKSHOPS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE - Nov 2021-Oct 2022
- Theater ;
- English ;
6. PROFESSIONAL COURSES DEDICATED TO YOUNG PEOPLE BETWEEN 20-30 YEARS - Jan-Oct 2022
- PC operating
- Access to European funds and European cohesion
7. AWARENESS / AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS AIMED AT YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE MAJORITY POPULATION - Nov 2021- Oct 2022
International Family Day,World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development Children's Day, World Youth Day, International Peace Da , International Day of the Right to Know, International Day of Non-Violence, Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, Human Rights Da .
8. MEETINGS OF YOUNG PEOPLE FROM THE ROME COMMUNITY WITH ROME PERSONALITIES Jan-Oct 2022
- Presentation of theater / dance / step show - April 8, 2022 - International Roma Day
- meetings with Roma personalities to present examples of good practice, but also free discussions on various topics of general interest.
9. PRESENTATION OF THE DOCUMENTARY THEATER SHOW – Oct 2022
Keeping the Center open for as long as possible is the only way in which approximately 200 young people interact annually through informal meetings and various workshops and cultural events.
R1 Establishment of a space suitable for holding courses, workshops and other events included in the project.
R2. Developing young people's creative abilities - by supporting creative workshops
R3. Development of entrepreneurial skills of young people in the community of Creteni.
R4. Acquisition of tools and skills for understanding Roma culture and constitutional rights and the majority population.
The idea of this EduCenter is that we create a space for interaction between young people and access to personal and civic development activities.
Through the regular activities program offered to the 200 young people (roma or not), we make sure that the next generation has more confidence in their own strengths, is more open to diversity and communicates more easily in English.
The activities are tools for young people to learn about their role in the community, their rights and responsibilities, how they can contribute to society. The campaigns will encourage young people to express their opinions freely.
Beside the educational program we offer a safe socialization space for youth organizations in Crețeni where young people can plan and design project with impact in the community.
For proper coordination, we will hire a Youth Worker to coordinate activities at the Center. For the management of the project we will have a project manager, a local coordinator for the activities and social worker.
For the visibility of the activities, the marketing specialist will make weekly posts with the activity of the space during the project.
The trainers in this project have experience working with young people since 2010.
For the events and the campaigns we will collaborate with the cultural institutes in the city.
In order to have a generation of active young people, we collaborate with competent people to mobilize young people and give them confidence in their own strengths.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
A.Human resources – 17.300 euro
Project manager and Youth worker– 600 e/mon= 8400
Comunication expert – 300 e/mon=4200
Local coordinator for the activities and Social worker - 300 e/mo= 4200
Finaciar 500 e/project
B. Services- 16.600 euro
1. Workshops- 4500
2. Graffic design- 800
3. Speakers –10 speakers- 1000
4. Artistic events – 5000
5. Meet -ups- 10 meet-ups- 1000
6. Courses for young people- 2400
7. Theater / dance / step show- 2000
E..Other expenses- 1000
We would like to receive feedback on activities that can be done in a youth center for young people with reduced opportunities. Inspirational examples of community organization in the youth sector.