Institute for developmental and strategic analysis
The project focuses on the problem that has affected almost the entire world population during the last year - the Covid-19 pandemic. Economic, social (macro and micro, such as family), demographic and personal crises that accompany the pandemic required rapid responses from science, politics and communities. The main activity of this project is to develop a model for Citizen Science projects, apply its solutions to interested communities, and present it to the wider and interested public.
Communities in Slovenia
Trust in social institutions during the crisis is challenged and thus active citizenship efforts provide the necessary corrective to the processes of social disintegration. The project will provide digital platform aimed at sharing knowledge and experience to help individuals and families dealing with their covid-19 related problems. In addition to that we shall share the model of Citizen Science that will be useful for building similar responses in the case when people find their community in crisis.
The project aims to help communities, families and individuals in specific view, but it involves experts and interested active citizens to contribute their experience and support.
1. Developing the model for citizen science humanitarian and interdisciplinary projects through analysing the work of Sledilnik;
2. Based on our model develop a pilot citizen science humanitarian and interdisciplinary project.
- Establishing of the interactive platform in collaboration with the NGO association Open Conflict – OK, which will manage and support the page after the conclusion of the proposed project, until the end of covid 19 pandemic and its most severe consequences. This interactive platform will also enable the transfer of the newest experts information connected with covid 19;
- Inform the participants with the data gathered in Slovenia on covid-19 pandemia impact on society, economy and private life;
- exchange the individual experiences with the pandemia in the fields of private life, work and social activities (gathering);
- make a summary on the most widely spread »pandemic« obstacles which will be of the greatest importance during the period of national recovery;
3. Present the model and examples to specific audiences that are most likely to engage in and develop such projects in the future and to the wider public through media publications in order to encourage active citizenship participation in such projects.
Developed model for citizen science humanitarian and interdisciplinary projects through analysing the work of Sledilnik. Platform that will offer the expertise and knowledge of individuals with different experiences and from different professions (including researchers) in order to create an interactive communication to offer support to families dealing with the consequences of covid-19. The result will empower individuals to cope with severe problems within their families and households as the result of Covid-19 pandemic. Special importance will be given to the topic of solving conflicts through dialogue.
The spread of knowledge provides the possibility of informed action in fields of private life, work and social activities during the pandemic. Knowledge, transparent information, and combining the efforts of scientists and public support enable concerted activities, even at a time of challenging changes that society faces with the Covid-19 epidemics.
IRSA has a long-standing tradition of scientific excellence, multiple methods data analysis and activities regarding active citizenship and the collaboration between science and civil society. The emphasis last year was given to the social and cultural context of the Covid-19 pandemic, social crises, and societal transformations in the setting of post-Covid development. Our goal is to be a catalist for change on evidence based solutions for the everyday problems that originate in the pandemic.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Administrative expenses - accounting, office material, internet, print: 1500
Rent of premises: 2000
Personel cost of the staff and team, project management, honoraria for workshops, research and translations: 15000
Promotion to general public - banner up, publications, leaflets: 2500
web bage, platform development: 4000
The content is still a work in progress, we would appreciate some feedback and suggestions.