Petrklic help, z.s.
Udruga za ekonomiju zajednistva
We are 5 partners in network who supports young ideas - now working in field of art, urbanism,community conecting activity. Last partner is from Slovakia - Stara Lubovnia, Center for leisure time.
Challenge is to be in a movement of community co-creation and by thus to reappropriate streets of Karvina after this time of lockdown.
Put colors in the street of our city Karvina through the realization of street arts (20pieces) as a tool to let the community share their vision, message, dream about their future and the Europe they want to build together.
international young artists from partners(10)
community street art(20)
Karvina, Czechia - it is old coal mining city nicknamed as a “black city” and we want to put color.
There is big need in community to dynamize the city and change this image on a long term by giving to the local people the opportunity to contribute to the revitalization of their city thanks to presence of their co-creation artistic in the public space.
We will realize meetings with members from different parts of the community (young people,elders,NEETs, etc) so they discuss about the messages that they want to share. Together, they will think about the next questions: Is it a political, social, or environmental message ? Or just a message of hope, of sharing, of solidarity ? And with what type of street art do they want to realize it; drawings, sentences or both ? When the idea will be clear, the participants will try to realize their idea with the help of professional street artists.
We choose the way of artistic expression through street art because it is an art that have been created in order that people can express themselves their identity and their opinions at the view of all, in space that everyone is sharing.
By using the street art, we enable people to express themselves concerning the future of Europe. We want to show them that the street is firstly a place that belongs to the people and where everyone have the right to say and share what they think.
Finally, we hope that by showing them the possibility to express their opinions today, they will used it tomorrow to make their voice heard. We can take the example of national decision making that are not really challenge publicly currently in Czechia. Thus we make citizens aware that their voice count.
1) Participants of the project that will participate on the street arts. We are in touch with wide range of the local community so that our project represent really the thinking of the citizens of Karvina in its globality. Thus, we will give the opportunity of participate to youth, orphans, minority district, elders people, expat so that every generation and part of the community can share with others community members.
2) Indirect one group, it will be all citizens that we will touch with our project, ours messages. We want to show them that we have the right to hope for our future, that others people are thinking like them and that even if we come from different countries, we can share things together.
1) Local meeting with communities - facilitating process of ideas for messages
2) Meeting with community leaders across the street or district where street art will be create.
3) Choosing 20 street art proposal.
4) Meeting with professional street arts from different places
5) Again meeting with local communities, leaders and reflecting artist proposal.
6) Using sociocracy methods to choose final street art.
7) Doing street art together with local community - lead by professional artist.
8 ) Doing digital diary.
9) Sharing messeges across partners on national and European level.
20 street arts pieces
10 professional artist involved in the process
10 different communities involved in the process of decision
40 community members involved in practical street art work
1 digital diary shared on national and European platform
We hope that by showing local community the possibility to express their opinions today, they will used it tomorrow to make their voice heard. We can take the example of national decision making that are not really challenge publicly currently in Czechia. Thus, we would like to make citizens aware that their voice count.
European dimension will manifest in the content of the messages that create participants. It will be messages addressed to the local people but more importantly to all European citizens.
We show them that despite the difficulties that will come and the difference of cultures we have, we can create an united Europe.The current crisis ofCOVID-19has resulted to a number of European countries implementing lockdown for their citizens, sometimes for a long or indeterminate period. This force loneliness and confinement at home has created for some people mistrust, fear of others and exterior, distance between citizens. That’s why we want to accompanied the deconfinement by creating a project of artistic and citizens cooperation.
As a result of this project local communities will be able to improve their competence and skills in professional matters in such areas as; design thinking, social design and design for all. Being involved in this innovative community project local communities members will improve their competences in educational activities, relevant to the development of methodology and a series of educational programs that will be customised to the structure of their organization. Furthermore in the future they will be able to lead other community colleagues within the organization, who were not directly involved in the project.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Office expenses 2500 EUR
Material costs - artist and community art work - 5000 EUR
Fees for external experts (artist) - 5000 EUR
Rental room/venue - 500 EUR
Catering - 500 EUR
Travel cost - 500 EUR
Evaluation - -community facilitation - each street art piece -5000 EUR
Website - to promote results in on-line - 200 EUR
Social media - to share across Europe - 200 EUR
Video - video about process of development - 600 EUR
All tips are interesting to read and keep in mind. We are always concerned about involving the whole community so if someone wants to contribute experiences already started we would love to read them.