Foundation for the Evaluation of Competences in Education - Blue Lion
The objective of this project is to release a digital platform with an app available in Google Play and the App Store where the citizens of the Pitesti Metropolitan Area can signal both civic and non-civic behaviors within the community. The platform offers citizens the opportunity to propose participatory solutions and suggestions to the reported problems. This will create a community civic space that facilitates communication between citizens, authorities, the media and civil society.
The project will take place in the Pitești Metropolitan Area.
In the Pitesti Metropolitan Area, the degree of civic involvement of people is very low, and in some areas, it is even lacking, and therefore a project is needed to teach citizens relevant civic skills and stimulate their sense of involvement in the process of transparent influence of public policies in favor of legitimate citizens' initiatives. Thus, through these public decisions, we aim at the general interest of a group or civic groups.
The project is focused on developing a connection between the citizens living in the Pitești Metropolitan Area (consisting of the city of Pitești, the town of Ștefănești and the communes of Albota, Bradu, Mărăcineni, Bascov, Băbana, Budeasa and Moșoaia), regardless of age , different ethnicities or religions. Following the issues reported by citizens, the platform will initiate various fundraising campaigns to support certain projects of civic interest, which can be transformed into citizens' initiatives. Also, each citizen will be able to propose in the platform solutions with participatory ideas that will contribute to solving the reported problems.
1. The effective creation of a digital platform, which, with the help of the mobile or tablet application, allows citizens to signal various problems in the community.
2. Informing citizens about the existence of this digital platform, that will be provided through various materials that will be distributed online to the general public.
3. Contacting various specialized institutions which have precise responsibilities for solving the problems.
4. Rewarding those who participate on the platforme in signaling civic and non-civic behaviors by awarding the distinction of "civic commissioner" to those who report the most cases. This distinction will allow them to become ambassadors of civic spirit in the community and to represent our foundation in relations with public institutions.
1. Citizens have access to the CIVIC RADAR platform and application, through which they will signal certain problems in the community.
2. These issues can turn into citizens' initiatives that will be included in the local public agenda.
2. Increase the level of social trust of citizens.
3. Citizens of the Pitesti Metropolitan Area are becoming more involved in solving the problems facing the community.
4. The area becomes cleaner both environmentally and civically.
5. Decreases the rate of infractionality, bullying, and citizen's apathy.
This application will provide the citizens of the Pitesti Metropolitan Area with a direct mechanism for active participation in community life. To the extent that people have such a concrete opportunity to actively participate in community life, they become more receptive to what is happening around them. They become more concerned with issues such as attitude towards controversial public issues, civil society, public debates, and involvement in various actions to develop a civic sense. In other words, they become citizens who adopt in any context a civic attitude within the community.
We desire to live in a community where people are more involved in solving problems in the community. We want people not only to learn about participation but to actually participate in community life. The active participation of citizens begins with relatively simple behaviors, related to the way of life of each one. This application aims to activate the civic reflexes of the citizens, who, unfortunately, are currently in a state of latency. For them to become manifest and make their mark on the well-being of the community, there must be a direct mechanism, such as this platform, to give citizens the concrete opportunity to participate actively.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Expenses related to the construction of the platform: 28,500 euros
Promotion and marketing expenses: 4000 euros
Transport costs: 1500 euros
Expenses for legal advice and advocacy: 1500 euros
Staff costs: 12,000 euros
Expenses for consumables: 500 euros
Accounting and auditing expenses: 1000 euros
We would like to receive suggestions on the appropriateness of our project proposal.