Future for all
Centar za razvoj talenata "Talent za tebe" (Talent Development Center "Talent for you")
Knowledge, work skills and experience are a proven way to a better opportunity to find a suitable job and contribute to own community and the quality of own life. Today, however, we are facing a pandemic, as well as job losses due to an imbalance between labor market demands and the capacity of standard educational institutions. All people, especially those who are excluded from the possibility of education or work (NEET), must align their skills, knowledge and experience with the market.
Cres, Primorje-Gorski Kotar County and Požega, Požega-Slavonia Couny
Our project wants to change the path position when the labor market is looking for a suitable workforce, and people over the age of 30 are looking for a job but lack the skills and knowledge required by companies and institutions. This is most present in the NEET population of people who are not involved in any work or formation.
Therefore, this project will provide support to unskilled people looking for work and better living conditions through certified courses and available sources of information, as well as mentor them during the certain period by advising them and connecting with potential partners.
We do this for people over the age of 30 in small areas that do not provide the conditions for a better life for the deprived people, or to improve their situation by learning the necessary skills and knowledge.
By providing support to unskilled people over the age of 30, this project will also affect the quality of life of their families (children, the elderly, younger friends, etc.). Their mentorship will encourage their but also the wider enthusiasm, foster mutual trust and social capital of all the people of the community in which they live.
Implementation of the project:
1. Contacting educational and business actors, as well as institutional and non-institutional partners
2. Reaching out to potential people (through local radio, news, personal and institutional contacts) for this project and decide on people
3. Consultations with individuals to see where they are and what they want and have to learn/improve concerning knowledge, skills and experience (11 months of short monthly calls with individual mentors from Talent for you and our association)
4. Workshops with the Talent for you association (one weekend in Cres), to see what are
their authentic vocations and to help them decide on the certificated course (in 2nd month)
5. Certificated education which will last max 6 months
6. Final workshop where participants will share their feedbacks and stories
7. Publishment of this experience on social media channels and contacting potential partners for our participants, as well as further projects that will continue a storrise of aligned market and education and upskilling deprived people.
The expected results of this project are:
to build a comprehensive network of different actors in this problem area;
to establish a network with organizations that build a bridge between education and the real sector of work with national and partners across the county;
to overcome private interests and bridge the bridge and the real labor sector;
to provide the required education.
This project will not only improve the quality of life, but also encourage people who feel excluded from their community and society, to feel human dignity and a passion for life and social engagement. This group of people will feel like they are being given an amazing opportunity to change their lives and impact the lives of their surroundings, so they will do their best to give something back and strengthen social cohesion and active citizenship. They will finally experience how it does not matter what political option they belong to or who they know, but how eager they are for change in their lives and for a better future for their families, communities and the world that the next generation will inherit.
Tatjana Troha is a 34-year-old who graduated from high school who has never attended any courses or education other than the primary upskilling required by her employer and the law. Several times she has been in position to receive the minimum wage provided by the government, but she cannot live with that insecure income.
Ante Lucic is a 35-year-old economist who drives Uber, but is looking for a job in his field of experize.
Kata Marijanović is a 42-year-old mother of three children with a high school education, and she is looking for an education after years spent on parental leave.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Implementation of project:
1. Consultations with individuals (materials, refreshments, venue, etc): 10€ per consultation*11 consultations*10 person= 1550€
2. Worshops (materials, refreshments, venu): 40€*4*10= 1600€
2. Certificated education=600*10 person= 6000€
3. Travel costs for project team and others= approx. 34€ per activity=45,55€*15*3= 2050€
4. Advertising and PR= 2800€
5. Office expenses: 12 months*300€= 3600€
6.Personnel costs: 2 people*15 activities*2 preparations*290€ = 17400€
We want to be contacted by the CE online community to get in touch with other members and their organizations, enrich our social capital and cohesion at the subnational level and feel not alone. Mutual exchange of knowledge and feedback is the way forward in building our communities and the world.