RODOPCHANKA WOMEN'S CLUB
Territorial disparities and socio-economic inequalities are a causal factor causing poverty and social isolation. Municipalities in Bulgaria can be divided into three groups depending on the level of their socio-economic development. The Municipality of Smolyan is one of the least developed municipalities, the socio-economic conditions in which can be defined as "critical".Our goal is to improve the quality of life of socially isolated people from the outlying 16 villages and 3 mayoralties.
Bulgaria, Municipality of Smolyan, 16 outlying villages Taran, Smilyan and Stoykite.
The Municipality of Smolyan is a small municipality located in a mountainous region, bordered by the Hellenic Republic to the south, which has poor infrastructure and serious condition of the local economy. The Smolyan municipality is the only one in Bulgaria without railway transport. The population has a low standard of living, low incomes, low employment levels, creating insecurity, despair, strong social isolation and lack of civil initiatives. Through the activities of the proposed project we aim to alleviate the daily needs of the target group, their actual support with non-financial approaches, raising their awareness of opportunities for getting out of social isolation by including their relatives and acquaintances - increasing civil activity in the region.
The project is aimed at target groups of 16 villages of the three selected mayoralties of Smolyan district:
• People of working age with various disabilities, seeking information and mediation for protected employment, labor relations, etc .; mediation with state, social, health and educational institutions;
• Elderly people, chronically ill, living alone and / or at risk of isolation, seeking help with the organization of their way of life and support and accompaniment to institutions, legal and social assistance.
We plan to include at least 200 people.
Forming a team;
Organizing and conducting field meetings in order to identify people’s needs.
Identification of at least 15 services that can be provided.
Preparation and distribution of an information sheet for the services that will be provided;
Receiving up-to-date information for those in need from the social services.
Preparation of a list of people that meet the selected criteria for participation as beneficiaries of the project;
Development and maintenance of a website for the project;
Formation of a mobile group of experts for visits to the villages and provision of the identified social services;
Creating a schedule for planned visits;
Conducting media information campaigns;
Visits to the people that are object of the project;
Preparation of a file for each
Thanks to the good example that we will set, we are expecting the following:
• Improving the skills and experience of the representatives of the civil society in the region;
• Raising civil awareness and activity;
• Identification of 15 social services, needed by the people of the region that are not provided by the existing institutions;
• Improving the lives of at least 200 people;
• Raising awareness about the opportunities and benefits of setting up a social services office at local level.
• Motivating socially isolated people to be more active and to acquire a willingness to be informed and more actively involved in social processes.
• The members of our organization will gain significant experience in carrying out social activities
A significant number of the experts who conducted in-depth interviews, pay attention to security as the most important need for people over the age of 55. Security is understood on one hand as protection from threats such as hunger, disease and repression. On the other hand - as protection from sudden and traumatic breakdowns in everyday life. Satisfying this need is about satisfying the sense of security, stability, protection, lack of fear and anxiety, a need for order, law, and limiting the chaos.
We will provide information, mediation and counseling, according to the specific needs of individuals. Our cause will be to take care of the needy, to provide them with a better life, to inspire them with courage and hope, affirming active citizenship.
Our NGO has been working for the public interest for over twenty years. Since our establishment we have been successfully implementing projects in various fields:
• promoting and protecting civil and social rights;
• supporting social integration and personal realization;
• affirmation of the liberal-democratic values - dialogue, tolerance, humanity and charity;
• activating a civil position, aiming to clarify and incorporate European values
All this is completely in line with the idea we would like to realize with this project. We are people with an active civil position and we care about what the life is for the representatives of the selected target group, especially now, in the complex epidemic situation in Bulgaria and the world. We would like to be and we can be useful.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
1. Office costs for rent, equipment and furnishing of premises - 2 400 €;
2. Development and maintenance of a website - € 2,000;
3. Costs for staff, consultants, specialists - € 23,500;
4. Accounting services - 800 €;
5. Travel and business trips - € 12,000;
6. Publications - € 3,000;
7. Project management and administration - € 5,000.
TOTAL – 48 700€
We would appreciate to receive advices for good practices in their countries, similar to our project idea.
It would be good to exchange experiences, to cooperate and partner on various projects.