Our city district is called Prague 11 - The South Town. South Town means a place on the southern edge of beautiful Prague. Although its arrangement is about grayish block of flats, encouraging to fast life, it is possible to live in it slow. Discover nature, small shops, CSA model, cozy cafes, gardens, playgrounds, galleries, clubs, chatting with neighbours... We all desire connection - with ourselves, our family, our community, our friends, our city, our nature and we can do it through FOOD.
Prague 11 represents the south territory of Prague, it is outskirt part of Prague.
On the territory of the South Town have been former the agricultural and suburban settlements, now are panel-housing (prefabs) taking biggest part. The quarter Prague 11 has 83 185 permanent inhabitants, but they are most of time locked in their flats or travelling to the center. Our challenge is connect people through food events (neighbourhoods festival, information stand at already existing farmer´s market, story te alling events at schools and senior houses, book) and create events that embrace a neighbourhood's diversity and encourages people to do more. We need to learn from each other by giving examples. To educate, inform, tell, popularize and lay down solid bases to support virtuous change in everyday fast life and, consequently, in our community.
1. Creating website and application.
2. Social media profile and group on Facebook.
3. Create a Neighbourhood activity guide (book).
4. Organize open air food festival (1x year).
5. Organize public meetings at schools (6x year), local library (2x year), senior houses (2x year) with story telling, cooking show and food tasting.
6. Special food events on already existing places connected with community life (12x year).
7. Information stand at already existing farmer´s market (every week) + distruibution of leaflet with all informations.
1. I will start with basic - describe the concept in presentation and creating communication plan.
2. I will contact local autorities, owners of food shops/cafes.., directors of public organizations (schools, library, senior houses, provider of farmer´s market) and invite them for roundtable discussion event. I hope we will build a consensus on the most important aspects of the project.
3. Kick-off of the project.
4. I will create a timesheet where i will describe all activities and terms.
5. I will contact team members and start with creating web, Facebook profile, leaflet and guide content.
6. Step by step we will bring to life all ideas.
People are sitting on banks or on lawns, making pic-nic, or walking on small paths and picking berries, they are sharing their daily adventures with neighbours. The social profile is full of different posts, sharing tips for community life.
We want discuss with all - families, local autorities, public sector (schools, libraries, theaters, galleries, clubs) how we have lost connection to most aspects of our life (food as main topic) and to the natural world and rhythms around us, and how we can reconnect – how we can live a connected life in Prague 11. We would love to engage residents, public organizations, small producers and owners of food shops/cafes/restaurants in food related events. The goal is to create a food oriented local community and bring it to a higher level of awareness and action. Community empowering can be a potent force in upcoming discussion about climate change.
I few years ago i was involved in organizing local food festival in Prague called Restaurant Day (more info here: https://cuocadolce.blogspot.com/2014/08/restaurant-day-den-kdy-je-dovoleno-vse.html, https://cuocadolce.blogspot.com/2014/02/pripravy-na-restaurant-day-16-2.html, https://cuocadolce.blogspot.com/2013/11/rady-jednodenni-restauraterky.html, and i am missing kind of these events in our area. I am living in this area for 11 years. People are even no saying "hello" if you meet them face to face on the street. There is no activ community life here, it is time to change it.
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Website 3 000 EUR
Book 18 000 EUR
Brochure 2 000 EUR
Personnel costs 7 000 EUR
Public relations 6 000 EUR
Research 3 000 EUR
Marketing 4000 EUR
Administrative 4000 EUR
Cultural events 3000 EUR
Any comments or feedback are wanted. I would appreciate support with economic issues.