Animal Hope Bulgaria - Kazanlak
The need to end the abandonment of animals / dogs in order to reduce their population on the street, to educate the local population about castration, to achieve a dialogue with local authorities, other organizations and the Roma population.
Kazanlak municipality and the adjacent villages
Achieving an understanding of neutering and the consequences of its absence in stray animals / dogs and dialogue with the local population, incl. Roma, local authorities and organizations to create sustainable results through a systematic solution to control the street dog population.
The project is aimed primarily at the population of the municipality of Kazanlak and the surrounding settlements. Awareness and familiarity of people with the problem of treating the stray animal population, in particular - its negative aspects, both for the local population and the animals themselves, is an important topic concerning moral values - love for animals, responsibilities and obligations to their population, opportunity for life in normal conditions.
1. Meetings and talks with the local authorities, organizing meetings with the local population, incl. and Roma, in order to inform about castration, problems with the population of stray animals, responsibilities and obligations to animals.
2. Creation and distribution of flyers with information about castration and the growing population of stray animals.
3. Organizing free transport for animals to a veterinary clinic for castration.
4. Organizing free castration, vaccination, deworming and chipping of stray and / or domestic dogs.
The expected results are:
1. Reducing the population of stray dogs by neutering 3000 pcs. dogs;
2. Building a mechanism, through interviews with local authorities and the population, to limit the population, as well as to prevent its increase through responsibility and a series of organized castrations in the future, funded by residents or local authorities.
Initiating a dialogue on the topic would lead to the establishment of a mechanism for sustainable results. The implementation of the project would be a great example of an active citizenship on issues. The active involvement of the local population would contribute to the activation of the citizens of Kazanlak municipality in such projects.
I Ivelina Nedkova - veterinary technician
I have been helping abandoned animals for years. I know the thinking of the people in the villages. Every day I receive calls about abandoned baby dogs - in the river, in the forest or abandoned in a box on a busy street.
Rumen Nedkov - my husband. He has been helping me in the cause for years
Dr. Kamen Krastev - a veterinarian with many years of experience in castration and disease in dogs
Funding requested from Civic Europe
Тransport costs 2000 EUR
public relations 2000 EUR
Medical expenses 11000 EUR
I want to receive all kinds of feedback.
Everyone is important!